Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solution to convert a few large sets of EML files into the PST file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to convert a few large sets of EML files into the PST file.

I've been searching for the solution to convert a few large sets of EML files into the PST file. I'm talking about ~50-60 thousand of EML files, or even a 100 thousand. I found some conversion tools however I am not sure which one is ready for such a application? I am looking forward hearing from you guys.

You have to know the following prior to start the EML to PST conversion:
    1. Please read the following article:http://how.tooutlook.com/articles/15...ze-limitations
      It describes limits which are set for Microsoft Outlook data file size by default. Remember that PST file can't grow without control. If you creating the new PST file, you may measure the total length of your source emails to be sure that PST file will not grow out of limits.
    2. If your File system is NTFS, then it is OK. But if not, you have to check the file system limits on the one file size...
    3. I assume that your EML files are organized by folders and subfolders, otherwise the conversion will take many hours or days. The problem is that Outlook slows down if the amount of emails (or other items) inside the Folder increased to 100000. Each next emails will be converted slowly and slowly...
    4. Remember that Outlook MAPI library can't handle the import of emails with huge attachments. For example if you'll try to import emails with attached TIFF picture which is 150 MB long, it will fail.
    So that is what you have to check first
    1. There are many software tools available which can handle the import of large amount of EML files to Outlook. I may only recommend here to read this article: http://eml.tooutlook.com
    I recommend you to use the Outlook of 64 bit edition as it works better with high amount of data, plus the email transfer software which can handle 64 bit Outlook.

Comment

Working...
    X