Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem converting EML to PST. Error: There are no more files. System error. Code 18.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem converting EML to PST. Error: There are no more files. System error. Code 18.

Good morning. I have just tried to use the EML to Outlook Converter software to convert the EML files (there are around 13000 emails) unfortunately around the 540 mark when its processing the email we received the following error message:

Code:
    Invalid value of the DTSTART attribute: "20150515T110000": System Error. Code 18.
    There are no more files.

ERR: Import Error: Error calling MapView OfFile: Not enough storage is available to precess this command
    Do someone know what can cause this? Why this error message was received?
    n the mean time I will re-download the EML files.

It is common I/O error that may happen if the file system works unstable. Most often it is caused by the cyclic redundancy check errors of the file system. CRC errors may appear if the file write operation was interrupted for example if the power accidentally disappear. To fix CRC errors open the file manager, right click on drive to be checked > Click on ‘Properties’ > Select ‘Check’ option from Tools menu. After this, a dialogue box will be appeared, from which you have to select the options and start the scan. You have to enable the first option called 'Automatically fix file system errors' and press Start button.
    If you trying to fix the system disc, it may offer you to schedule the file system scan after reboot. You shoudl enable this option and reboot the computer to run the scan and fix CRC errors.

You may use also the command line to run the check:

CHKDSK C: /f

The next error you described shows that there is not enough space to write the PST file, so probably you may fix this by making more space available.

Last edited by Daniel; 02-15-2018, 07:10 PM. Reason: Added command line param

Comment

Thank you, Daniel. I read a lot articles describing the code 18 error. No one suggested to check disk on CRC errors, even Microsoft articles are pretty quiet about this and about the error cause. In my case your suggestion worked, I have run the checkdisk and it fixed the CRC errors. Now everything fine and working! Thank's once again.

Comment

Working...
      X