Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to convert Google Takeout backups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to convert Google Takeout backups?

Hi, guys, I am saving Google emails from time to time for backup purposes using Google Takeout option. I am wondering if I can convert or extract them somehow from .mbox format to something that I can read normally or import somehow to the email client.

Matthew, what email client do you use? What message formats it can handle? The solution is depending on your answer.
    Many email clients such as Thunderbird, Live Mail, IncrediMail, The Bat and even Mac Mail may work with EML files. You may use the mbox extractor software to export emails from mbox format to eml format and then drag these exported eml files into your email client.
    Please note that files of mbox format may differ depending on platform that was used to create them.

Howere is a lot of ways to convert Google emails, if your email client is MS Outlook, please read how the Microsoft support describes the procedure:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-bf04b9c44bf7

And for sure you are free to use one of the available software tools for the Gmail to Outlook conversion.
    Learn how to import Google Gmail to Outlook and your Office 365 mailbox. You can also import Gmail contacts to Outlook, and see your Google Calendar in Outlook.

Comment

Thanks for the great share! I was also looking for something that would help me to import my emails from Google to Outlook directly. Crazy how scarce info on the Internet is nowadays.

Comment

Hi. Try the utility called Gmail to Outlook Transfer. It is commercial tool but it still may convert limited amount of emails for free. I am sure that it will help you in your task.

Comment

Working...
        X