Importing the Contacts from Live to Outlook 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing the Contacts from Live to Outlook 2016

I have plenty of contacts saved by the Live Mail and need to move them to my new computer wit Outlook 2016. Do you know a tool for importing the Contacts also from Live to Outlook 2016?

The most accurate method I know it's to import WLM contacts to Outlook manually. It is easy, you don't need any tools for that, only Microsoft Outlook itself. First you should export Live Mail contacts to the solid .CSV file. Comma Separated Values file - is Excel format for text files with specific data separator. Then you have to run Outlook and use menu File - Open - Import - Import from another program or file, then select "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" and continue to the fields mapping, You will need to setup the proper mapping to have all corresponding fields match, You may want to read the illustrated guide on how to import contacts from Live Mail to Outlook here.

Comment

I found an easier way to move multiple Windows Live Mail VCF contact files into Outlook. After exporting my WLM contacts in VCF form into a folder on my desktop. I opened that folder and highlighted a full page of VCF files. i copied them with Ctrl-C. I opened Outlook to the Contacts page. I right clicked and then left clicked into an open area and clicked Ctrl-V to paste them. They all entered Outlook's contact page but as individual forms in the Edit mode. I then clicked Save & Close on each contact page. I repeated that process highlighting the next group of files (about 22) in my VCF folder, copied them and pasted them into Outlook's contact area. I moved over 800 contacts into Outlook in about 30 minutes.

Comment

The pasting into Outlook’s Contacts list might seem “funny”...to do first a right mouse click and then a left mouse click before using Ctrl-V to paste the copied files there. But I tried using just a left mouse click there and it only worked once in a while. But after a right click and then a left click the paste worked every time.

Comment

Working...
        X