Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant PST file to repair...

Hello,

I am a senior computer user, so please excuse my if I do not know the proper terminus...
    I used Outlook 2010 for several years. Suddenly it starts crashing with "Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll" and my data file became corrupted.
    The *.pst file is nearly 10Gb and I need to save all possible information from it.
    Please suggest me the best way to save maximum data.
    Thank you in advance!

P.S. I tried free repair utility from Microsoft called scanpst.exe, however it is unable to save even the half of my file. Probably it is too large.

Hi Mat, per my knowledge there is no any free Outlook repair tool except the scanpst, which makes the pst format even hardly damaged. You probably should use commercial tool to do so. Unfortunately they are mostly expensive.

Comment

How much do these tools cost? I am learning more and more about Outlook and it seems like a lot of the tools are a lot of money! I couldn't believe the costs of some of this stuff.

Comment

Ogh, I am confused. Did you hear something about the intellectual property and paid software products yet? Look at the Microsoft Office products for example, is that cheep for you? The data recovery tools are high intellectual software products which are intended to do the quite complex task automatically. If you want free tool, you may use the scanpst.exe utility provided by Microsoft, but don't ask e why you have lost 90% of your data

Comment

I can confirm that scanpst and other free and cheap tools for PST format repair may destroy your damaged PST file completely. I have such bad experience It is always good habit to create the files backups prior to start the data manipulations such as recovery. It is better to look the valuable product such as Recovery Toolbox or Kernel to make the quality restore of your data,

Comment

It seems really bad business to offer something like a repair tool per cost. Especially since Outlook comes free with every Windows installation. Maybe they will change this policy with Windows 10.

Comment

Why? Chris, it is "know how" and plus software creators spending multiple hours at work to produce such kind of software, support and update it. It should cost for sure.
              Free repair tools may be harmful. I will newer allow the unknown manufacturer (free open source) to access my data, even it is damaged.

Comment

Working...
              X