Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to display the proper Sent date for Sent Items in the Sent Items subfolder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to display the proper Sent date for Sent Items in the Sent Items subfolder?

My Sent mail messages previously stored in the relevant folder but I want to organize them better, so I created the subfolder inside the "Sent Items" folder and moved a portion of my sent messages into it. Now they are showing improper dates, not the original date that the original emails were sent.

Am I doing something wrong here?

If I create a sub-folder in Sent Items, say ‘Car Stuff’, and move the sent items into it, it gives it todays date. It only seems to work properly if Sent items are all lumped together and moved into Sent Items (no subfolders). Maybe an irritation of Outlook.

Comment

Hi. It is the Outlook feature, man. You have to configure the View for the current Outlook folder. Depending on Outlook version you may need to right click to the headline with the column names and add the new column to display the date when the message was sent.
      or...
      For example in Outlook 2003 you may chenge the view via the menu View > Arrange By > Current View > Customize Current View... then press the "Fields..." button in the Customize View dialog. It will allow you to choose the new column from the available fields list. Add the Sent column to display the proper date and confirm the changes.

Comment

So doing this will allow me to be able to see my lists while I am in an open email as well? I am not sure I understand this but I would like to know.

Comment

Outlook is providing the separate view settings for each folder. Sent Items should show the sent date, other folders should show the data when message was received. Sent items (emails) do not have the date stamp on when they was received, so if you place the sent message into Inbox or another folder out of the Sent Items, the date will be shown incorrectly, for example it will show the date when the message was created.

Comment

I was looking for this info myself. Thanks for the great info on how to do this. Following your instructions it does not seem that complicated at all.

Comment

Working...
            X